Pecha Kucha is a fast-paced presentation style in which a speaker presents only 20 slides, each on screen for only 20 seconds. The theme for the event, co-presented by SJMA and SPUR San Jose, is “My Design Vision for San Jose.” Ric Bretschneider, founder of PechaKucha San Jose, will be master of ceremonies for the event.
Scheduled presenters are:
- Chris Esparza, founder of entertainment company Giant Creative Services and owner of restaurants Naglee Park Garage and Blackbird Tavern;
- Joshua Russell, director of external affairs at Arts Council Silicon Valley;
- Michele Beasley, senior field representative at the Greenbelt Alliance;
- John Brazil, Bicycle & Pedestrian Program Coordinator for the City of San José’s Department of Transportation;
- Asheshh Saheba, design director, Handel Architects, LLP;
- Tracey Ariga, designer at Gensler, San Jose;
- Anthony Raynsford, art and art history professor at San Jose State University;
- Derek McCaw, Director of Visual and Performing Arts at Notre Dame High School; and
- Steve Borkenhagen, restaurateur (Eulipia, Café Stritch) and former manager of San Pedro Square Market.
- Judy Chirco, former San Jose City Council Member
Image courtesy of Flickr user SkylineScenes